GANGS 4 TUITION
Gangs 4 Tuition Program
The Gangs 4 Tuition program provides individuals with the necessary support for a successful transition to a more positive lifestyle, through the acquisition of transferable skill sets and training, leading to employment and sustainable, self-sufficient living. This program is a collaborative effort with multiple community partners, providing support in the areas of social reintegration and mental health to ensure individuals do not participate in delinquent and criminal acts. This objective is achieved through:
SOCIAL-ECONOMIC REINTEGRATION COMPONENT:
- Education on Gang Resistance and Provision of Recidivism Action Plan
- We help the youth on probation and those who have been in contact with the law to navigate the housing, employment, immigration, education, and health sector and help these youth to meet their legal obligation.
- Train youth to acquire on soft skills and micro-credentials.
- The participants in our gang for tuition are equipped with coping skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills and financial planning skills.
- And due to changes in the working environment as a result of the COVID pandemic, we also offer referrals to training opportunities so marginalized youth, particularly women and LGBTQ2+ individuals; so that they can acquire micro-credentials and functional skills so that they can work remotely.
- Provides resources and tools catered to youth employment and entrepreneurial needs by giving young apprentices a real-world experience on their journey to economic prosperity.
RESTORATIVE AND TRANSFORMATIVE COMPONENTS:
- Keep6ix offers an intensive program on the processes of forgiveness, amending broken relationships, and restorative tools to address and prevent conflict for families, individuals and groups of all ages, genders, cultures, geographies and other demographics.
- This program consists of 12 modules that seek to equip with restorative mechanisms, including non-violent communications and healing skills. The program generally takes place over two 3-day weekends, however, can be tailored in many different ways to meet the group and individual needs, including virtual delivery.
- The overarching goal of restorative justice is to reduce the overrepresentation of racialized and marginalized youth in the criminal justice and juvenile system.
MENTAL HEALTH COMPONENT
- Keep6ix provides mental support on abuse & trauma; Anger management; Domestic/gender-based violence; Substance use;
- Provides one-on-one coaching using harm reduction and transformative justice framework to participants to develop skills for coping with anxiety and depression and to enhance knowledge necessary to participate in non-crime activities.
- Provides psychoeducational support for youth who have been in contact with the criminal justice system.
- Creates non-judgemental spaces that listen to the clients, give them a voice and listen to their needs.
- Provides emotional support for youth to navigate their criminal system. We also provide.
- Mental counselling services are customized according to the individual’s needs and circumstances.
- Provides mental health assessments; some cases are referred to CAMH.
Local 183 – Union Training
The Labourers’ International Union of North America (LiUNA) – is the most progressive, aggressive and fastest growing union of construction workers, waste management workers, show service workers and healthcare workers in Canada. LiUNA is an International Union, with members in both Canada and the United States. Across the continent, we are over half a million strong. In Canada, we are proud to be an important part of one of North America’s oldest and most powerful unions.
The LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre provides Apprenticeship Training, Construction Skills Training and Health and Safety Training from 5 Key Campus sites: Vaughan, Cobourg, Toronto, Barrie and Kingston.
To learn more about LiUNA, Click Here
Keep6ix will work with each sucessful graduate for work placement.
CrueTV – Digital Media Training
CRUETV – provides access to innovative technologies for learning, creating and
doing business in the digital era. GFTEP (Guns for tuition and education program) provides resources and tools catered to their employment and entrepreneurial needs by giving young apprentices a real-world experience on their journey to economic prosperity.
The program provides opportunities for the participants to create educational, employment and training pathways for careers in the digital sector.
The participants learn the most sought-after digital production skills in video, web and streaming technology. These skills are in demand as a Digital Producer career with triple threat industry skills in video editing, website development and live broadcast streaming productions.
- Video Editing
- Web Development
- Camera Production
- Streaming Productions
- Digital Literacy
- Photoshop, In Design, Adobe Premiere
- Illustrator, After Effects
- Data Analysis, Basic Excel
To learn more about CrueTV, Click Here.